Sunday, May 1, 2011

Project 10: PLN

This is my PLN. I used symbaloo and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

So here is my PLN in all it's glory. It took a long time to create this, but I couldn't be more pleased. Since I didn't write a progress report earlier in the semester, this post will serve as the story of my journey. When I started, I felt confused. I wasn't sure how I would finish or be able to fill the whole screen. Boy, was I wrong. It wasn't that hard getting into the project once I figured out what I was doing. I had more resources to put on my PLN then I thought. I even color-coded them after arranging each application a certain way.

All of the websites or applications that had to do with my college education had a red background and were put into the top left corner. The last of these was my EDM310 blog. This served as a transition into the blogs I discovered through this class. I put them in the top center of the screen. Three of them are colored green because I see myself checking them in my future career. The three blogs are Justin Tarte's Life of an Educator, Mr. McClung's World, and the EDM310 Alumni Blog. These were not the only blogs present on my PLN. I put Mr. McClung's post, What I Learned This Year, in brown. It is in brown because it was an extremely important post to me. I see myself looking at it now and in the future.

All of the items in blue are either social networking sites that can be used as tools, the websites I use for my email, or video sites that I can use personally or professionally. On the right side of my PLN, I have all tools or websites I can use for my classroom. Here are a few examples: Discovery Kids, National Geographic, BrainPop, FunBrain, and schooltube. All of the applications are either pink, green, or orange. Some of them are white, but that is because I couldn't change the colors. Pink applications are websites that I can pull stuff from to use in my classroom, whether it be videos or articles. Orange applications can be used by both myself and the children. Green applications are ways to connect with other teachers and share things to use in our classrooms. Three of the applications on the right side are game websites. Coincidentally, they were all white, even though I wanted them to be orange. These applications will be used by the kids whether in school or at home. They have fun educational games that foster an interest in learning.

On the left side of the screen, I have tools that I will use. I have things such as Wordle, Picasa, Glogster, Blogger, and Google Search. I can use these for my future classroom, my current education, or personal reasons.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my PLN. When I was done, I searched for other educational Webmixes. Having a PLN with Symbaloo is very helpful because not only do I have my own PLN, but I can look at other educator's PLNs.

No comments:

Post a Comment