Sunday, March 27, 2011

C4K #4,5, and 6 Summary

I found this picture on Google images. It's a girl with her back to the audience, facing a computer. It appears she is typing a blog or some other thing that involves talking about herself. Two other children are on the other side of the picture facing her.



C4K #4: Alexander
The fourth children's blog post I read was Alexander's post introducing himself. After reading it, I knew a few fun facts about him. His favorite dinner food is chicken and he likes to eat apples for lunch. He likes to play games and garden. I love his attitude on life. Reading his post, as well as the others, just reminds me why I want to work with children. I was pleasantly surprised to see him respond to my comment.

In my comment, I told Alexander that I liked to eat chicken for dinner, too. He had mentioned that he liked to make food, so I asked him what kind of food he liked to make. I told him that I liked to garden, like he did. I just wish I could make my plants live longer than they do. I told him maybe he could give me some good tips on how to make my garden survive longer.

C4K #5: Aneisha
I read all of Aneisha's blog posts and she seems to be a really great writer. Her descriptions paint vivid pictures of what she is writing about. In the post I read, she described her experience at a game she went to with her family during holiday. From what I read it seemed to be like touch football. I could be wrong though. After the game, her and her aunt ate peaches on the way home.

I told Aneisha that she wrote a great post and it sounded like she had a lot of fun. I wish I could have seen the game. I bet it would have been interesting and really fun to watch. She made the peaches sound so good. I told her that I like to eat peaches and other kinds of fruit. Her blog was so interesting and I'm sure as she continues to blog it will get even better!

C4K #6: Isiah
The topic of Isiah's blog post was very important and something that future teachers could possibly face: bullying. Isiah realized that bullying takes place in a lot of settings. He talked about how bad it was and some means to stopping or preventing it. He thinks that if someone witnesses bullying they should stop it or find an adult to stop it. He has such an optimistic view, one that I hope comes true. He believes that bullying will stop if everyone tries to stop it. I completely agree with him.

I told Isiah that his post was great and he has the right attitude on bullying. I agreed that bullying was wrong and hoped that he didn't have to deal with bullying. Like I said earlier, I agree with Isiah's idea of everyone stopping bullying.

2 comments:

  1. When you read posts and leave comments, do you feel like the exchange (post and comment) is enough? Do you ever wish you could have a conversation with the students without the time lag?

    Mr. C
    NoelTigers.com

    ReplyDelete