Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Importance of Google Docs

Before taking EDM 310, I didn't know anything about Google Docs. I'm so glad that it is the main thing we use in this class. I have learned how convenient and easy it is use for all aspects of my life, especially other classes. In my Math 201 class, each student must teach a mini lecture one day in the semester. Normally, I would make a presentation using the software on my MacBook Pro, but I didn't know if my teacher or I could convert it to a readable file for her computer. I didn't want anything to go wrong and I really wanted to play around with the Presentation feature on Google Docs again. I thought it would be cool to share my finished product. Some of the information isn't lengthy because I just put basic notes on the slides and then talked a majority of the time. The project was really fun and made me feel like a teacher. I got to choose worksheets and examples for the class. I think the presentation I made with Google Docs was a great accompaniment.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alexa,
    I'm glad we used Google Docs in this class also. It has showed me things I can use in the future for as a teacher. I also enjoyed teaching on the smartboard assignment. It should help us with our confidence as a teacher when we start working. Good luck as a teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete