Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blog Assignment 12

It's Your Choice! As cheesy as the picture is, I thought it fit with the theme of this assignment.

Choose Your Own Assignment

For those of you who have read my recent C4T Summary, my assignment will sound very familiar. The teacher I was previously assigned to was Justin Tarte. His blog is called Life of an Educator. Justin's blog was very inspirational. His words moved me and caused me to read more of his posts. Not only can he be an inspiration to current and future teachers, but he provides such valuable resources and highlights other useful blogs. I intend to visit Justin's blog often. I am an Educational Blogger... was a particular post that stood out to me and will also be apart of my assignment.
In Justin's post, he talks about his introduction to blogging and he talks about how important blogging has been to him. He lists all the ways that blogging has changed his life. My assignment is to list or write 1-2 paragraphs about how blogging has changed your life and how it can change your career. It's easier for Justin to talk about blogging pertaining to his career because he actually gets to do it, but students should already be able to see how it will change their future career by the assignments they have been completing. I think this assignment would be great for the middle or end of the semester. I think I speak for a majority of the students when I say, we didn't know just how much we would get from this class. We knew what blogging was and some of us might have even blogged before, but we didn't know the potential of these technological tools for our future classroom. If you were to assign this towards the middle of the semester it would be after the first few assignments. At this point students would have started realizing how powerful the technological tools were. If you were to assign it towards the end, then students could complete this assignment with full knowledge of everything in this class. It could really show what they learned. You could even broaden the topic. Instead of blogging, someone could talk about Google Docs or Twitter.
For my completion of this assignment, I will list how blogging has changed my life and will change my future career.

Even though I was just recently introduced to blogging, it has made such an impact in my life. Here is how:

  • I have found a way to interact with some of my peers.
  • I have met so many knowledgable teachers, that have inspired and taught me.
  • As I blog more, I will hopefully inspire future teachers or other people around the world. 
  • I feel that blogging has helped me improve my writing skills and find my true writing style.
  • My blogging has started to make an impact on others. 
  • I have helped my mother and her classroom by teaching her about classroom blogging. 
  • A classroom blog would help my future students improve their writing skills.
  • Classroom blogging would allow my classroom to connect with other classrooms around the world.
  • I could find thousands of creative projects for my classroom from teachers who share ideas on their blogs.
  • My students could learn life lessons, such as respect and positive statements, from writing quality comments.
  • Blogging could be a creative outlet for my students and myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alexa!
    Wow! This is a great post.I agree that technology has a huge impact on us, there are many things we can do with technology to help us organize and do our tasks quicker. I do believe that some teachers do not like to use as much technology since they are so use to the traditional style. But, I do hope that they would reconsider using it so their work and lessons to the students is more updated and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Maybe I could sharpen the focus of the final self reflection in this way.

    Thanks very much!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete