Sunday, April 3, 2011

C4T#3 Summary Post

Instead of Shakespeare's well know line To be or not to be, this photo shows teachers hesitation with blogging by having him say to blog or not to blog?

     The teacher I was assigned to was Justin Tarte. He is a high school teacher in Missouri. Mr. Tarte is very passionate about his job and anyone can see that in what he writes. One of the blog posts I commented on affected me as much as Mr. McClung's, "What I've Learned This Year". I was so glad that I was assigned to Mr. Tarte and I can't wait to read more of his posts in the future.

Blog Post 1: Let's Make A Difference
In this post Mr. Tarte lists ten ways a teacher make a difference in their school and classroom. The list consists of things that a teacher can do without being held back in any way. Mr. Tarte realizes that many people are hesitant about blogging and using Twitter because of certain situations. This is why he created a list that no matter what situation you are in you can make a difference. I found the list so inspirational. It included such things as "Praise a student for demonstrating an act of courage or high character to another student" and "Say 'hello' to as many students as possible and ask them how they are doing".
I replied by saying that this was a great list that anyone could perform. We must remember that every little thing we do counts. Students will often look up to their teacher like they look up to their parents. We need to show that we care and respect them by doing things on this list. We can also create great relationships with coworkers by some of the things on Mr. Tarte's list.

Blog Post 2: I am an Educational Blogger...
This was another great post by Mr. Tarte. In this post he discussed his introduction to blogging and the benefits he has attained thus far. His list is very similar to mine. To summarize his list, I would say educational blogging causes a teacher to inspire another teacher, improve their classroom, and become the best teacher they want to be. I hope to be a teacher like Mr. Tarte one day. His words have inspired me and caused me to reflect.
I told him that in my comment. I want to be in the shoes of the teachers' I have met in this class. They inspire each and everyone of the students in EDM 310 and so many others around the world. I hope to one day be like that. Maybe Dr. Strange will even assign my blog post to one of his students and I'll inspire this student just like Mr. Tarte has inspired me. I also told Mr. Tarte about my experience with blogging. At first, I was curious of what I would gain from blogging. I never expected this. I have enjoyed it so much and it has made me learn a lot.

I chose the picture for my blog because it is sometimes a struggle for teachers to start blogging. They are very hesitant because they are unaware of the benefits. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alexa. First of all, thank you for visiting some of my students' blogs - they were very excited!

    I think you were very lucky to be assigned Justin Tarte's blog. His posts are always very thought-provoking and written very articulately.

    I enjoy reading his blog and try to visit it as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete