Sunday, April 24, 2011

C4K #7, 8, 9, and 10 Summary

I thought this picture fit perfectly for Comments 4 Kids because of the big C4K next to the young boy on a computer.
C4K #7: Tres Cosas Jueves
For my seventh comment for kids, I was assigned to the blog post, Tres Cosas Jueves, in Mr. McClung's World. According to the post, students were taking a break from their normal lessons to learn about a current event. Their current event was a debate about a newly passed bill taking place in Wisconsin. Accompanying the paragraph about their current event lesson was a CNN video about the debate. I told the class that I thought it was great they were learning about current events. I talked about how important I thought current events were. They shouldn't let their learning experience stop at school! Searching for and reading about current events at home is actually a lot of fun.

C4K #8: Charlotte T.
Next, I was assigned to Charlotte. Her class had just performed a dance to "Rockin' Around the Clock" in a school event. She had so much fun learning all the dance moves. She described the dance moves and their costumes. I checked the class blog to watch the video of their performance. They looked so great! They danced great and they all looked so nice in their 50's costumes. I was sure to tell Charlotte how great they did. I also told her that I could relate to her story. When I was in eighth grade, we had a few weeks to learn a special dance to show our whole school. It was a lot of fun!

C4K #9: Mrs. Yollis' Class Blog
When looking through Mrs. Yollis' Class Blog, I saw so many excellent posts. I commented on the blog post about the book the class was reading, Ramona Quimby, Age 8. I liked reading this post because it reminded me of my love for reading by myself and in a classroom. Reading a book in class was always the high point of my school day. In this particular blog post, they talked about chapter 3 of the story. Chapter three is about a fad in Ramona's school. At the end of the post, I was asked if I knew about a fad when I was growing up. I told Mrs. Yollis' class about the Pokemon fad that was present in my elementary school. Coincidentally, Pokemon has become very popular again. I told the class how great the entire blog and individual blog post was. Also, I talked about how I really enjoyed reading. I told them how reading in class was one of my favorite things about school.

C4K #10: Hannah
For my last comment, I was assigned to Hannah. In her blog post she talked about a really interesting Iranian celebration, Seezdah-Bedar. I had never heard of this celebration before, so I really enjoyed reading her post. She included pictures from her fun day at the park and a painting that depicts Seezdah-Bedar. Seezdah-Bedar is celebrated thirteen days after the Persian New Year. Basically, families get to spend all day out in the sun at parks or any other outdoor setting. The children play together, while the adults play cards or talk. They also got to eat a lot of good food and deserts. A big tradition that takes place during Seezdah-Bedar is the throwing of Sabzeh, sprouted wheat or lentils, into a flowing stream. Traditionally, it is thrown at the end of the picnic. They throw this into the flowing stream because it symbolizes sickness and problems. Doesn't this sound like such an amazing celebration? Hannah made her blog post very interactive by asking questions at the end. She asked if readers had heard of or celebrated Seezdah-Bedar, what they think of her tradition, and if readers have a tradition of their own that takes place outside. I told Hannah how great her post was. I had never heard of Seezdah-Bedar, but it sounded so interesting. I told her that Easter is a holiday that many people spend outside. My family would often have a picnic lunch with a bunch of people. The adults would spend time together, while the children searched for eggs or played together. 

1 comment: